QUMRAN: A Place of Mystery. Where one of the greatest discoveries in history was made – the Dead Sea Scrolls. Yet, it’s also the location of the Essene sect, a group shrouded in mystery and intrigue.
Was John the Baptist a part of the Essenes for a while?
- Did God speak to him through the clouded theology of the sect?
- Did Jesus visit the Essenes in Jerusalem?
- Have you ever wondered if God can speak to you through the ordinary “stuff” of life?
Listen in today to discouver the possible Biblical connections with Qumran and the Essenes that you may not even be aware of.
Today, our group is sitting under a tent, surrounded by the parched beauty and craggy mountains of the desert.
Listen in below:
(See photos of Qumran and the Dead Sea at the end of this post.)
Click below to play the Podcast (even better – subscribe in iTunes, Google Play or your favourite podcast player)
In this Episode, You’ll Discover:
- The background of the Essenes, what they believed and how they lived
- How Jesus Personalized His message to each group (Pharisees, Sadducees, Zealots)
- The possible connection between Jesus and the Essenes as evidenced by preparations for the Last Supper.
- Scriptural references that show that John the Baptist may have been with the Essenes for a time.
Let Us Know What You Think:
We’d love to hear from you so we can serve you better. Please send us an email to let us know what you think. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Like’ Our FaceBook Page:
You’ll be inspired by beautiful photos of the Lands of the Bible, breaking news, stories of faith, and updates.
Photos from Qumran and the Dea Sea: