The brochures come through email, the mail, in person and at the back of the church. Take this tour to the Holy Land. Take that tour to the Holy Land. Choose one led by a friend. Choose one led by a pastor you know. Choose one led by a Christian radio or TV personality.
Hopefully, we can help.
Do you want your group tour to be a deeply spiritual and well run experience? If so, we believe there are certain things you should be looking for.
What to look for:
- Tour group leaders who have led a minimum of two group tours.
- Tour group leaders with strong leadership, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Tour group leaders who are physically fit enough to handle the pace of leading, helping others, packing supplies and running ahead for quick changes if needed
- A spiritual teacher who is experienced, scholarly, spiritually sensitive and engaging.
A spiritual teacher who does not simply read out of a devotion book and move on.
- An exceptional guide who has been evaluated and hand picked by the Group Tour.
- Worship experiences that are deep and aligned with the site. (Examples: Revelation Song on Patmos, Holy, Holy, Holy from Mount of Olives, Here I Am To Worship at the Garden Tomb, Communion in the Israel desert at sunset where distractions are stripped away.)
- Prayer ministry times at special locations (Examples: Healing prayer time at Pools of Bethesda, quiet meditate prayer times.)
- Proper technology such as wireless headsets for each pilgrim and battery operated sound systems for on-site worship.
- Hotels, meals and transportation selected with guidance from the Tour Group Leader for best value and comfort.
We’re going to talk a little more about choosing a personal tour guide in the next post. It’s all about making sure your tour is the best experience possible. Keep an eye out for it.
For now, though, review any Holy Land brochures and email invitations to make sure they pass the top ten tips above. We don’t want you to make a mistake.
As always, if you want to see if any of our own Holy Land tours are right for you, we’d love to have you check us out.
You can learn more about our upcoming Israel & Jordan NEXT Level tour here.
Wishing you the best journeys ever,
Arlen and Elsa Salte